McCoy's Law Line, Inc.
Introduced in 2000.
- multi-piece dual antenna system
-- handheld remote
-- front and rear antennas (operator selects front, rear, or both)
-- output connector (RS-232) to interface with PCs, display signs, printer
-- Optional trailer for safety radar use (large display, optional solar powered)
- K, and Ka models (antennas) available.
- Instant On or continuous transmissions
- stationary mode -- on-coming and/or going traffic (front and/or rear antennas)
moving mode -- on-coming traffic in opposite direction/lane (front antenna)
same-lane -- traffic traveling same direction/lane as patrol car (front and/or rear antennas)
In moving or Same-lane mode minimum patrol car speed is 5 mph (city setting) or 20 mph (Highway setting)
NOTE if both front and rear antennas active (stationary or same-direction/lane mode), target displayed may originate from either the front or rear antenna.
- Fastest target mode
Tracks and displays fastest and next fastest targets simultaneously in moving or stationay mode.
In stationary or same-lane mode faster target may (or may not) orginate from a different antenna (direction) if both antennas active.
- Audio proportional to target speed
- Manual-lock (Target Speed locked in separate display)
- stop watch mode
- self test
DISPLAYS / INDICATORS
- XMIT/HOLD -- activates/deactivates transmit signal of selected antenna.
- LOCK/RELEASE -- locks target reading into target window, continues monitoring targets.
- FAST/SLO -- fast mode ON/OFF in opposite mode; fast/slow mode in same direction.
TOWN -- patrol low speed 5 mph
HIGHWAY -- patrol low speed 20 mph
- RANGE -- 6 settings 0-5 (most sensitive, longest range).
- DIM/PB -- brightness control / patrol speed blanking clears patrol speed.
- FRONT Antenna -- activates front antenna
- REAR Antenna -- activates rear antenna
- SAME/OPP -- moving mode: same-lane or opposite direction targets.
- MOV/STA -- toggles between moving opposite, stationary and same lane modes.
- VOL/SQL -- audio volume set from 0 (off) to 8 (loudest).
- TEST/MENU -- activates internal test, hold for 3 sec to enter menu mode.
- POWER (on main unit) -- DC power ON/OFF.
- Display -- Target Speed
- Display -- Lock / Fast
locked target speed, or fastest target (FAST mode)
- Display -- Patrol Car Speed
- Menu -- internal messages
MOV -- moving mode
STA -- stationary mode
REAR -- rear antenna active
FRONT -- front antenna active
SAME -- same-lane mode
FAST -- fastest target mode
SLOW -- slow same-direction mode
Police Traffic Speed Radar Handbook